Shop Now!

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Blog Roll

Living SavvyPhotobucketPhotobucket beneath my heartMy Repurposed LifeWelcome to daily d !The Shabby Nest Decorchick! RedouxBecolorful crissy berry button180x150button

My Button!

Friday, October 21, 2011

We Struck Gold

Hi Ya'll!
Well my free dresser just keeps getting better and better! My husband and I started stripping  and sanding and it is gagagorgeous....I planned on painting but we aren't sure yet...whata you think? There are a few cosmetic problems that may require paint, but only time will tell. We removed the mirror frame so the top has two holes that have to be filled, and a couple of the drawers have chipped corners, but that just adds to the charm, right!? The best part of the day was WE STRUCK GOLD...the top, sides and drawer fronts all have an inlayed double pinstripe of gold. The stripper didn't damage it so we are not sure what it is made of.....does anyone know? Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think. Don't laugh at the space that  we have to work in...it is the super packed garage (no car in here!). This is where we keep all our finds and projects....Amazingly I have sold and given away more than I have (sure wish I had known about blogging...I would have taken pics).  See ya soon!

Cliff working sooo hard!

What a work space....he he

At least two layers of paint (one lead....YUK)

One side sanded....sooo pretty, huh?

Double pinstripe gold strip

Partially sanded drawer with gold stripes.....ever seen this before?

Beautiful keyhole....now I just need a key

My husband...."Why are you taking pictures instead of sanding?"....somebody's gotta do it!

Other side...just started

Fancy Feet

Drawer with chipped corner...haven't got to these yet

My next surprise project....Can you guess what it is.....Check back tomorrow for the reveal

No comments: