Shop Now!

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Blog Roll

Living SavvyPhotobucketPhotobucket beneath my heartMy Repurposed LifeWelcome to daily d !The Shabby Nest Decorchick! RedouxBecolorful crissy berry button180x150button

My Button!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Have a Backsplash

Hi Ya'll
The new home in Alabama is almost finished, and my sweet daughter in-law, Karen, sent me more pics.....I have a backsplash, Yeeaahhh!!! Thanks Karen for making this long distance building project a little easier:)



So do you think it is fantastic?
It was hard to tear myself away from home pics, but I had to sand and sand, and sand! I'm not sure how you can sand for 6 hours and  not be finished, but I am  proof that it is possible:(
Still has some paint

Used stripper and then sanded

I kinda like this look



No change in the dresser except that it is too big for the entryway....so much for a reserved spot. After talking to Karen I now know that I have 50 inches to work with (between the front door and the study door) I know, I know..how could I not know how much space I have in my new entryway....well, I just have a floor plan that I can barely read and I stink and dimensionalizing (is that a word?)....I can't read a map either! Oh well, at least I'm creative, right? While  on the subject of creativity, I am getting excited about Christmas (yeah, I know I'm getting ahead of myself), and our annual Christmas ornaments. My mom has made her own ornaments for 50 years, and each one is beautifully unique...She taught me and I taught Amelia.....NOW I want to teach all of you too. I will give you all a preview soon, and then you can get excited too. I'll do a full "how to" closer to Christmas. Until tomorrow, Lori

No comments: