Wow, thanks ya'll, I'm flattered! I've been tagged, tagged, and tagged again...Will I have any secrets left? You can read my first tag HERE . I was also given the 7 x 7 Award, which reveals even more about lil' ol' me. .. HERE. Recently I was tagged by Sarah over at Life on Walnut Street and Kristen at My Covered Bridge ...Hop over and visit these two wonderful blogger friends...
You'll love em' too!
If you like to follow rules...Here they are...
Post a photo and 11 random things about yourself
Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks
Create 11 new Questions for the people you tag!
Contact them and let them know they have been tagged!
11 Random Things about Me...
1. I do NOT like to have my picture taken so I am going to break half of rule #1 and not post a picture
2. I break some rules...when necessary (see random facts #1)
3. My dream was to be an English teacher, and a published writer....Oh, well!
4. I'm a "glass half full" kinda person....my husband is not
5. When I was 11 I set our house on fire...not on purpose. Fortunately, the damage was minimal and no one was hurt.... Mom will not let me forget :)
6. I was born in California and raised in Alabama...Roll Tide!!! I have also lived in North Carolina, and Washington state.
7. I don't have a tattoo....seriously, would I get something I can't change on a whim?
8. I was encouraged by medical professionals to abort my daughter, Amelia. (That was NEVER a consideration). I was told she would never be "normal"....She was, and is perfectly normal! God is in the miracle business :)
9. I used to smoke when I was younger....what was I thinking? So glad I quit!
10. I have been unable to find my birth father...Richard Allen Henson (Hanson, Hansen, Hensen?). He was a "junior", and his mother was named Beverly. His dad managed a "Doggie Diner in the bay area in the early 60's....Do you know him?
11. I use my dryer as an iron....the real iron is only used in emergencies.
I think I'll stop at 11, since I have 22 questions to answer...
Answers to my 22 questions....that's a lot of info...
1. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week /month of the year? I am a night owl...3 to 11 is great for me. I enjoy Saturday's with family and lots of garage sales. October is the best cause' it screams FALL!
2. What sound do you love? My family laughing, thunderstorms and the ocean.
3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? It depends on whether or not I get to keep all the hard earned wisdom...if not,
then I think I pick 3 cause' your potty trained, happy, carefree, and get most of what you want with a smile.
4. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
My birth father.
5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? "Hopelessly Devoted" from the Grease soundtrack...I was 13 and in love! YMCA by the Village People...on everyone's soundtrack, right? "How Great Thou Art" ...cause' I'm saved by grace. "Let's Give em' Something to Talk About"...what else when you get married after knowing each other for 3o days.
6. When was the last time you were nervous? Writing this post...NOW!
7. What story does your family always tell about you? Everyone always has a laugh about the day Cliff and I got married....No one knew we got married and we took all the kids to the boat show, and told them the news...
What fond memories!
8.If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Understand men...really understand how they think, feel, and what they really need. Seriously, we could end wars with this information!
9. Tell us about a person (other than your spouse) that changed your life! My son, Robbie, was born with Sturge Weber syndrome and was not expected to life for more than 7 years. He lived 21 years at home, with us learning to be nurses. If it weren't for Robbie I would never have gone to nursing school.
10. What is one website (besides FB) that you go to daily? Pinterest and Craigslist are my weaknesses....well 2 of them anyway.
11. Over the years who do you regret loosing contact with? Sherry. I would say Jenny, a best friend, but we just reunited after 27 years...such fun!
12. Why did you start blogging? I stumbled on "blogs" with Google, and I was hooked. I have always liked to document everything, and I'm a closet writer, so why not blog. It has been fun, therapeutic, and educational. I love blogging!
13. What is your decorating style? If I knew that then I could take a "pinning" break! I love so many different styles that just don't mesh...
my mom calls it "Hodge Podge"
14. What is your favorite food? Finally, an easy question! Chips and salsa and everything Mexican.
15. Where would you like to travel? Right now, to the bathroom! I have always wanted to go to Ireland, and I have no idea why.
16. What is your favorite movie or book? Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility...hands down!
17. What makes you smile? Thrift store and garage sale super finds...next to family smiles.
18. Who inspires you? Other than God?....my husband is my biggest fan and supporter. Cliff inspires me to be a better me...I LOVE THAT MAN!!
19. What goal are you working towards right now? I am trying to spend more time with my Heavenly Father.
20. What is your favorite project? So far?...Owlivia, my bentwood rocker turned owl...she was so fun to create.
21. What's your favorite tool to use? A Paint brush
22. What is your dream job? A famous writer with spots on HGTV....oh my!
Oh my goodness....I feel like I just filled out a "Match.com" application...on to the next step...
Wonderful Bloggers I'm Tagging...
A Rosie Sweet Home
Woman at the Well
The Creative Vault
I Know the Plans I Have 4 You
Designed by Chance
Creating My Way to Success
The Seam Rippers
Dirt Princess Design
1. How much time a week do you spend blogging?
2. How many different states have you lived in, and which one is your favorite?
3. Are you a "half glass full", or a "half glass empty" kinda person? Explain a little
4. Can you laugh at yourself? Give an example
5. When you lay down to sleep...what do you think about?...or do you just sleep?
6. Would you consider hosting a HGTV show? What would you call it and what would you do?
7. How many Pinterest pins have you actually done? If so, was it successful?
8. Does your TP roll over or under?...(Over is the ONLY way:)
9. How many pets do you have?...What are they?
10. When was the last time you played a board game? What game was it?
11. Have you bought an area rug lately? If so, what brand, style, color etc. was it? (Okay this one is just for me cause' I'm trying to decide on a rug for the family room)
Done and Done...